Anna Spanner's Adventures!

My blog, recording my adventures! Mainly those of the Brazil variety, but you never know! Fun fun!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Brazil!

So here i am, having now spent 24 hours in Brazil!
Its so different here! I arrived at Jo and Allan's house to find that all the nature noises you hear on nature documentaries are actually real! This was something that made it very hard to sleep, along with the tropical rain that fell heavily last night! I also became aquainted with a cockroach running on me in the night, and a small lizard on my window this morning!
Later on i have become aquainted with: The monkeys that are in the garden (and this isnt just two small children in the form of Hannah and Zak!), some bigger lizards, some birds that chirp a lot, some very big butterflies, the fresh fruit and amazing fresh lemon juice, and an amazingly huge variety of ants, some of whom are far too friendly and like to bite! I already have 10 bites or so to show for it!
There are palm trees in the garden with fresh coconuts, lemon trees, mango trees, cashew trees and banana trees!
Zak gave me a guided tour earlier, and its a great place - so much space! And lots of sand! The flip flops that i bought at heathrow and stuffed in my hand luggage have come in very useful!
Two boys came round earlier to do some activities with Allan. They made a really cool animal in the sand, using leaves and fruit and things from the garden. Needed a helicopter to see it properly though!
Went into Messejana this afternoon and bought a Brazil football shirt ready for the game tomorrow! We all got one, so we'll all be wearing them tomorrow!
The 4 hour time difference is starting to catch up, so sleep is calling!
Adeus! x

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tratior... you should be following England lol

Gotta admit though... sounds a nice place :)

5:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Miss you already Anna. I was singing and leading worship in the youth service sunday night and it just seemed wierd without you.
Sorry I didn't get to see you before you went.
Anyway what your doing is great and I hope you have a great time I know it will be an amazing experience.

God bless

Love ya Hunny
Hugs and kisses
Marie xxxxx

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home